Role in LiSyM-Cancer
- Co-coordinator and project leader in DEEP-HCC
- Application of simulation software for large spatially resolved models to integrate biomarker with spatial patterns from experiments and mechanistic models to reveal progression mechanisms and marker candidates
- High performance computing for image- and data-driven construction and simulation of large spatio-temporal models and bifurcation analysis from dynamical systems theory
- Fostering modeling and simulation through modeling languages
- Standardized model exchange following the FAIR principles MultiCellML.org.
- Leading the development of Morpheus, an open-source modeling and simulation framework Morpheus.gitlab.io.
- Public model repository: Morpheus.gitlab.io/model.
- Parameter estimation tool: FitMultiCell.gitlab.io.
- PhD in Physics, Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems, Dresden
- Since 2008, Group leader at Center for Information Services and High Performance Computing (ZIH), TU Dresden
- 2004 – 2007, Postdoctoral work at Center for High Performance Computing, TU Dresden
- 2003 – 2004, Postdoctoral work at Centre de Bioingenierie Gilbert Durand, Toulouse, France
- 1998 – 2002, PhD/Postdoctoral work at MPI-PKS, Dresden
Honors and Awards (selection)
- Otto Hahn Medal, Max Planck Society